Re: [ST] fuel guage/mileage

On Apr 16, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Rusty Ford wrote:

> My 2001 ST has stock sprockets, D & D pipe with tune, always over
> 50 mpg
> in mostly fast highway riding. 56 best.
> Generally agreed that the earlier 955's give better mpg's, and of
> course
> carry more fuel.

What do you consider "fast highway riding"?

On my trip up north last summer, I got around 40-42 mpg fast highway
riding (90-100), and 45-50 in the mountains, pretty heavily loaded.
I thought I would never run out of gas once I hit curvy roads, from
the lower average speed with the increased range!

Most of my riding here in FL is fast highway riding, and I usually
get around 40-42 mpg.  If I run out most of a tank in town, I've
gotten up to 45, but that is very rare.

Jim
2001 ST with stock sprockets and Triumph carbon pipe