Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:44:15 -0800
From: "Zoltan Pavlakovich" <zpavlakovich@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ST] gas gauge accuracy
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What? Did somebody mention my name? Rich, you lurker, let's get out and ride
if you remember how to.

;-)

On 4/16/07, Rich Marcus <rich.marcus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With my '01, I treat the gas gauge as just an "estimate" of what's in
> there. I'm not sure why, but it measures gas level in a very
> non-linear way:  For the longest time, it doesn't move at all, then it
> moves like hell.
>
> The way that I treat it is to pretend that when the gauge shows
> "full", then starts to move from it, it's really indicating 1/2 full.
> And when the gauge is actually showing 1/2, I pretend that it's
> showing me 1/4 full.  Then I start looking for a gas station.
>
> Or I just follow Zoltan round and fill-up when he does.  :-)))
>
> Rich M.
> '01 ST
> LA, CA

------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:03:47 -0500
From: "David Jonas" <kahonas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ST] Filtering Greek style
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Completely agreed.

For those interested, try http://www.rendezvousdvd.com/ or search around.
It's not difficult to find.  Wikipedia has a pretty good write-up on it,
too.

And it is an amazing video.  That's all I'm going to say.  If you're not
interested yet, you never will be.

David

On 4/16/07, Young, Mike <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Ed,
> I thought I was seeing things. I was a little surprised that he didn't
> even bother to take evasive action. Apparently the cop per square mile
> ratio isn't high enough to be worrisome.
>
> One of the most amazing ten minutes ever recorded on film is a short
> subject by Claude Lelouch called "C'etait un Rendevous". If you've
> seen it, you know why I'm neither surprised nor impressed by the
> current crop of hooligans who are so desperately seeking attention
> with these really stupid stunts. Come on guys, find something original
> to impress us with. Claude pulled this stunt way back when your
> parents were in grade school, and he didn't have a four ounce digital
> camera with automatic everything to film it with. If you haven't seen
> it, you need to find it, buy it and watch it. Over and over again.
> Then watch it again. Honest. Mike
> '06ST
> Seattle
>

> What kills me is the Cop he passed.  Probably wouldn't get away with
> that here, even in SE NC.
>
> Ed
>

> On 4/16/07, Lisa White <redriders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This does not surprise me.  I've driven in Greece, which is bad
> > enough, and would only ride in Athens to get OUT of it, and
> > hopefully really early in the morning, and even then I would probably
run across people
> > going home from the "night" before.   It's actually the only place where
> > I've come home as the alarm was sounding to wake me up, and I've
> > seen people dancing on tables at 5:00 a.m. . . . .  Once, I actually
> > saw two grown men get out of their cars and almost come to blows
> > over traffic issues!  I've also observed that red and green lights
> > are, to a certain extent, suggestions, as are one way streets . . .
> > . . .  Then you get motorcylists like this one. . . . .
> >
> > Aside from their traffic issues, I LOVE the country and its people
> > and do hope to ride in the countryside at some point  . . . . .
> >
> > Lisa

> --
> Ed
>

> NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Message: 13