Re: [ST] gas gauge accuracy

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 14:44, Frederic NIZERY wrote:
> You mean that since the beginning people here are speaking about miles per
> GB gallon (4,54 l). Now I understand the huge figures...

Some people here are getting more per US gallon than I get per imperial
gallon! I know the later 955's are thirstier than the earlier ones and have a
smaller tank too, but even so the mileage I get is very disappointing.

> On the road I get 5.4L/100km which is 44mp(US)g and 52mp(GB)g.
> Commuting/downTown 7.1L/100km which is 33mp(US)g and 39mp(GB)g.

( conversions from http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/fuel )

Commuting (city traffic) I get 30-32 miles per imp gallon, 25-27 mi/US gal,
9.4-8.8 l/100km (105-115 miles from full tank on sidestand, to fuel light).

On the open road even doing a steady 60mph (boring!) one-up and without
luggage, I can't better 45mp imp g, 37.5mi/US gal, 6.3 l/100km, fuel light on
at 150 miles

I feel this is extremely poor, yes there's huge performance available but when
you're just cruising along at legal speeds it shouldn't be this thirsty. Bike
is on stock gearing afaik, has a Wolf end can, stock screen, stock air filter
and (afaik) stock fuel map. Is due for a service now but has been like this
since I got it (at 10,000 miles)

Oh and by the way, fuel here now costs about 1.10 euro per litre, that's what,
US$5.65 per US gallon...

Eoin
'04 ST955i
Dublin, Ireland