Re: [ST] gas gauge accuracy

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 15:26, John Ulizzi wrote:

> Your mileage figures sure dont sound good. I had a VFR
> like that... Never did figure out why.

Bikes even of the same model and year do vary, but it seems mine is pretty
thirsty even by the standards of the later 955s.
Wonder if anything could be done about it (anyone had bad mileage and managed
to figure out why?)
Apart from the fuel consumption there are no running problems, and it hasn't
got better or worse in the last few thousand miles.
Howlin' Dawg was the previous owner of this bike, he used to get slightly
better mileage but did less city running than I do. His old '99 ST was a
*lot* more economical.
What are other '04 owners getting?

> My RS gets 170 or somtimes a bit more more to the light.

Mine would manage that... if it was towed!
Maybe I need to go faster to get the engine running in its most efficient
zone :)

Eoin
'04 ST955i