Re: [ST] Cruising at 95 mph??

--- Kevin Byram <blubyu352@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just reading the threads where my fellow Trumpet
> thrashers are reporting "cruising" at 95mph :0
> If you blokes tried that around NE Ohio you'd wind
> up behind bars! Too many highway patrol, sheriffs,
> and local constabulary to get away with it. A quick
> burst into triple digit territory perhaps, but no
> extended riding at those speeds.  You can tell I'm a
> bit jealous.

It's not advisable without a good radar detector, and paying a lot of
attention to it.  If you passed a cop running those speeds on the
highway around here, you'd still get pulled over and get a big
ticket.  However, it's pretty boring, because the road is flat and
straight.  The "curves" I get to ride on are on/off ramps.  Nothing
to be jealous about there.  The main thing to be jealous of would be
the fact that our riding season is all year long down here in south FL.

I've heard many bad things about speed enforcement in Ohio on both
car and motorcycle lists.  Doesn't sound like a place I'd want to
ride or drive, although I've heard that rural southeastern Ohio is
pretty nice.

Jim
2001 Sprint ST (arrest-me red)