From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Knowles
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:20 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Ride report: Day 1, part 1

On Apr 25, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Jim Crate wrote:

> While I was coming down through some country road in western Virginia
> last summer, at one point I started catching up to a dump truck.

One time while riding up the coast on Northern California's Highway 1,
a friend and I had a similar experience following a fuel tanker 18
wheeler. It actually scared me how fast this tanker was going knowing
what the consequences were if he crashed, even if it were empty. But
like you, I was impressed he could go that fast and keep everything in
his lane.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned