[St] Great list

I have to say thanks to list and one person on it in particular. After
posting my question about the drain plug yesterday, I received a call
from a lister warning me not to make the same mistake he made. For that
reason I will leave his identity anonymous but he'll know who he is.

Apparently I was trying to remove the wrong bolt, and the bolt I was
trying to remove goes to one of the oil cooler lines. Once I stuck a
mirror under the belly pan it was plainly obvious and I found the
correct bolt which as the lister mentioned is a 50 torx. It's a low
profile bolt and from the side view on the lift is pretty unobtrusive,
whereas the oil cooler line bolt was sitting right next to the oil
filter although from the angle I was working the oil cooler lines were
hidden.

So maybe Triumph was doing the right thing by putting a non-standard
size bolt on those lines. Now if they had just put something more
standard on the real drain bolt. Don't have a 50 torx around, and even
with a collection of 4 different sized filter wrenches I don't have the
proper size for the Sprint's filter which I gleaned from the FAQ is a
size Q. Looks like the Sprint will be up on the lift a few more days
before I get a chance to run to the auto parts store.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned