Re: [St] Has anyone added a tuneboy tuner to sprint st 1050?

At 12:29 PM 8/2/2007, you wrote:

>John,
>The "reason" to get a Tuneboy, IMHO, is if you're not satisfied with the
>tune provided by Triumph.  Most often, people complain about issues in
>the lower to low-mid rev range when using the TOR tune with aftermarket
>exhausts (TOR= Triumph Off-Road, the tune they provide for their
>accessory silencers).  The Tuneboy allows you to tweak that tune, or any
>tune for that matter, to run the way you want it to.  It is light-years
>better than the PCIII, as it allows you to program the settings, rather
>than just changing the output downstream of the ECM (which is what the
>PC series do).
>
>So if you're planning on getting an aftermarket pipe and high flow air
>filter, its nice to have.  The "key" built into the Tuneboy is to
>prevent a group of people from buying one unit and using it on a bunch
>of bikes.  You CAN use the same tuneboy cable and software on multiple
>bikes, you just need a separate key for each.
>
>HTH,
>Dan

Well that was what I was sort of thinking it was for. I just did not
know how effective it was at improving on the 'generic' TOR tune. I
assumed that it was a better unit than the pcIII since it is a flash
unit and not a interceptor device.
The big question was that since its on already on this bike I'm
considering. Was having it as a freebie in the deal worth anything or
was it just a useless farkle like as PCIII with a mail order tune would be.
I think the answer I'm getting is that it is worth its weight, but
could easily require more tuning. That works for me.

As for the lock codes, that is great news. I have a SCT excalibrator
II pro for my mustang (an equivalent device of for many modern
cages), but it only holds one lock. That means that I have to spend
about $550 buck each on my wifes Lincoln ls, my new to me lincoln ls
and the customized tbird that I half own in order to be able to use
one of those devices on each of them. I don't mind paying for the
licenses (about 145 a pop) but having to buy exactly the same
hardware over and over sucks.

Thanks for the info

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"