Re: [St] Behind the Curve? Another take

At 04:44 PM 8/2/2007, you wrote:

>I'd argue that the current gen VFR/Interceptor is a pretty poor example
>of what type of performance can be expected from an 800cc machine.  If
>they shaved a 100lbs or so off the dry weight I'd bet it'd feel a lot
>better.  And given the power output of motors like Triumph's 675 I'd like
>to think you could get a few more than 99 ponies out of an 800 mill.
>
>Nate
>00SprintRS

you do not have to tell me I bought a left over '01 traded from
another dealer in september of '01 instead of waiting three weeks for
the dealer to get their next batch of  02's after I saw the dyno
chart on the vaporware improvements of the NEW VTEC!!!! motor.

But my argument is that still that most of the marketing people think
that since the last VFR was a flop, that the middleweight
sporttouring market is dead.
Honda thinks so, Suzuki does as well, Yamaha and Kawasaki are just
motoring along on their pseudo-sporttouring machines (slightly sporty
standards).

So it is doubtful that triumph would try to launch a new model in
what are currently dead still waters. It could take too long for the
public to notice it floating along in the still little pool out of
the mainstream.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"