From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bil Swartz
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 8:46 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] the dreaded oil question

JES_VFR wrote:

> Well that is just Mobil producing the two different oils that the
> market needs.
> On one side you have the automotive people, their oils need all the
> friction modifiers that they can reliably use. They need them to make
> the oil perform better under the conditions that automotive engines
run in.

> Then there are the motorcyclists that also have hi rev-ing engines
> with extreme protection needs, but also have wet clutches to
> complicate the calculations.

I get that.  But have heard so many say the "gold cap is the new red
cap",
seeing these reports of frustration you mentioned, then finding this
silver
capped version makes me ask if the gold capped "supersyn" is really what
we
should be using, or not.  I'm leaning toward not.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.