From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
bardelld@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 10:12 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [St] Hate to change the subject, but ''''

About 1 1/2 months ago, I bolted a set of Hayabusa calipers to the 01
ST.

For what I paid for them on E-Bay, this has been one of the best
additions
to the trusty Triumph.  Still have brakes that are "right there" and no
spongy feel at the lever yet.

But I got to thinking, Has anyone replaced the front forks or front end
with another set of forks off of a UJM --  I'm thinking GSXR or CBR or
???

If so, did you replace the tubes and keep the triple clamps or replace
the
whole assembly?  Anyone know what will fit without too much
modification??

Once the STs hit the 40 K in mileage, they seem to drop in value to
nil....  But mine at 55K still works great, uses no oil and returns 50+
mpg all the time.  I've tried new springs and a race-tech kit for the
front and am not overly impressed.

I would spring a few hundred if I could get as big an improvement to the
front suspension as easily as the improvement I made to the front
brakes.
 Something like a Simple bolt on....  And if it required the triple tree
clamp that was set up for tube type (regular) handlebars -- that would
be
even better.

Dave Bardell
01 ST
Millerstown, PA

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.