Re: [St] Starting problem

Jack,

Having just gone through something similar on my '99 ST,
I'm guessing that it's a broken wire in the harness that
goes from the switch to the main harness.  Try either wiggling
the wires that come out of the switch or turning the bars
from left to right (not the key) while the ignition is on
and see if the dash and headlights go on and off.  If they
do, its the switch harness. I THINK the RS is similar to the
ST in the way the switch is mounted. The easiest way to remove
it is to take off the top yoke. The ignition switch is held
in by 2 small bolts with shear heads.  To get them out, you
can drive a small allen or torx bit in and turn.  Mine came
out easy and I replaced them with regular allen bolts.  Once
the switch is out, you can cut the harness casing and pop the
bottom off of the switch to gain access.  A bit of wiggling
each wire while plugged back in should determine which one
is broken. Give me a yell offline if you have any questions.

Rob

'99 Sprint ST (red)
'04 Thruxton