Re: [St] Petrol leak

Pat,

I had the plastic male end fitting on the fuel hose crack on me from just riding (vibration?).  It wasn't the cold or temp change because it was middle of summer when it happened.  I had it replaced with a metal one.  All was good.  About a year or two later (which is to say a few months ago), I had the female fitting crack also.  Both were cracks in the plastic fittings themselves and the solution to both was to replace with metal fittings.

I don't know if the metal fittings I got were Triumph or not, but I got them from and installed by my dealer in Houston (http://bmw.gulfcoastmotorcycle.com/home_bmw.asp).

HTH

Chris
'01 ST