Re: [St] RAT's

actually i think what they is even better. they follow the show and have a demo truck at a dealership that same weekend. screw sitting on bikes, i would want to ride them. granted they may be missing on some audience, but with proper advertising i would think a demo ride speaks more of the bike then seeing one at a show.

philip

----- Original Message ----
From: Nathan Maher <nate@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:59:27 AM
Subject: Re: [St] RAT's

Bill Pitt wrote:
Why isn't Triumph participating in the large motorcycle shows?  It gives
the appearance they're going out of business. Several people have asked
me how come Triumph went out of business, etc. Their lack of
participation hurts their sales and our resales.

It's funny you'd say that Bill, I think they don't go to the shows
because their market research showed them that it was a poor way to
generate sales and that their money was better spent elsewhere.

And based on the numbers Triumph showed recently their hardly going out
of business or hurting for sales.  As far as I can tell they continue to
show healthy growth and are probably doing the right thing not
over-extending themselves.

Just my 2¢,

Nate
00SprintRS