Re: [St] RAT's

You're right Phillip,
    A ride is worth thousands of words but....How do you get a ride?  My dealer had the truck years ago but can't get them back. Last year I went to Americade for a day and couldn't get on the new Tiger. I went to Daytona and you could get a good ride there but The "Rat Ride" was lame.  The guy leading the ride was great but "Rat" is so poor on publicity there were 7 of us on the "Big Daytona Rat Rally", that included the leader's girlfriend. It wasn't the leader's fault no one was there, it was Triumph's publicity campaign, or lack there of. It's my feeling that tens of thousands see the bike at the traveling show. The traveling show is an indication of their presence in the market place and helps sales and resale's.  Every other manufacturer is present, even Ural??? The traveling show has hit my computer several times since August pumping the show, it displays every brand of bike but Triumph??? So Philip, you're right, I want to ride not look, but I ride over 20,000 a year and I like to move up every 2 years. I've had 4 new Triumphs since 1999, unfortunately due to the poor publicity by Triumph my resale isn't worth much!!!!!!!!!! Nate, I think that 99% of Triumph buyers are former Triumph owners, the bikes need to be in the public's face . I continually hear statements like " I didn't know Triumph was still  in business" or " I heard they were in trouble and couldn't afford the show circuit". These comments are from people that ride motorcycles, but not Triumphs.  I'm very happy with my Triumph, and my dealer. I would just like Triumph to get out into the public's eye more, it would benefit all of us.
billybob