[St] Fitting Garmin Zumo to ST'03 + Autocom

Hi

I've finally got this done.  Went much more smoothly than I had hoped,
and seems to work as advertised.  Not yet had chance to try out on
road though - so might all end in tears after all...

I've documented the installation on smugmug - if you are interested,
head over and have a look at pictures and some explanatory text with
each.  Link here:

Fitting Garmin Zumo 550 to Triumph ST'03
(http://lawrie.smugmug.com/gallery/4073210)

I decided in end to shell out for the Autocom bluetooth unit to link
Zumo into the audio system, and this was a very good thing to do.  Not
only fewer wires to route around bike, but also termination of the
cable-connections at Zumo mount are quite exposed and I was worried
they'd simply fill up with water / dirt before the day was out...
Bluetooth link also means it is easy to hook up phone to Zumo and then
to Autocom unit - and have Autocom mute iPod when phone (or Zumo
Navigation instructions) are happening.  Only downside is that
Bluetooth link is mono - so if you did go for the audio / mp3 / XM
radio features of the Zumo you'd loose the stereo this way.  If that
is important, then cables are probably the only way to do this.

At same time, since fairing was off, I replaced the headlights with
Philips 'bright' halogen lights.  Seem to be brighter...  However,
whoever designed the packaging for Philips needs head examined: very
secure for transit, but seemingly impossible to remove from complex
plastic interlocked mounting without serious risk of damage to bulbs
(and handling surface of bulb).

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/