[ST] Just for kicks! - no ST content

My first streetbike was a 1972 R60/6.  Owned it from 1991 to 1995.  It had a
kickstarter I relied upon on fairly regular occation.  Sometimes just
because it was there.  The worst part about Beemer kickers was you only got
about 1/2 a rotation out of them, and then they smack stopped on the left
footpeg.  And it was akward to kick on the left side, straight out away from
the bike.  I figured out how to do this with my heel while still sitting on
the bike.  But it kicked over pretty easy, points or Dyna ignition, didn't
matter.  It should have.  It didn't have more than about 7:1 compression.
lol

Last year I bought a YZ426F dirtbike.  Now THERE's a challenge to kick
start.  Fortunatly one of the preceeding owners put an auto decompression
cam from a WR450 in it, so it's easier.  But it's still finiky.  The big
accelerator pump in the carb doesn't help.  You learn quickly never to touch
the throttle, or it'll flood.  If you do this, then you get to hold in the
decompression lever and kick it over about 20 times to clear it's throat.
Then, maybe, it might light.  All this while teetering on it's sky high
seat.  I only have 32 inches of inseem to work with here folks, heh

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen