Re: [ST] ST air filter replacement

Slav Bienkowski wrote:
> Got as far as taking the seat of. Now what ?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thx
>
> SB
Slav, what model year bike do you have?  I don't have experience with
the newer (2005 and up) bikes, but I believe the procedure is pretty
much the same.  On the older bikes, you have to remove the fuel tank to
get to the airbox.  This is pretty simple, just be careful when you
remove the fuel lines from the tank.  They have quick-disconnect
fittings, but the older fittings are prone to cracking (were recalled,
actually) and the newer ones can still flow fuel when disconnected.
Then there is an electrical connector up under the tank that you'll have
to unplug (in addition to the one on the side by the fuel lines).  Once
you have the tank off, you'll see the black plastic airbox.  Its been a
while since I last checked my air filter, so I don't remember exactly
how to open the airbox up, but it seemed pretty simple at the time.

HTH,
Dan