Re: [ST] 12k Service...

Dan,

I had my 12K service done by the dealer and the cost was $600 two years ago.  As I recall they hit me $50 for an air filter plus other assorted parts and supplies.  there labor rate is currently $70/hr.  I just had the 24K done for $235 at an independent dealer.  He charges a flat $100 to check the valves and then $50 an hour straight time for the service, changed coolant and brake fluid.  I changed the oil and brake pads myself, cost for parts was around $125 I think.

The cost of maintenance at a Branded dealer is almost prohibitive at this point.  The local Honda dealer is charging $10 a quart for HP4 synthetic blended Honda oil, which I run in my Goldwing.   I told him to keep it.  I can get Amsoil 10W-40 full synthetic for that.

Good luck,
Rick
2000 Sprint ST
Pfafftown, NC