Re: [ST] Audio set ups.

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Stephen Dropp wrote:

> What are people using to listen to iPods and other such devices?

I've been doinking with that stuff for years having run:

Chatterbox CB-27A
cb with convenient handlebar remote, music input

MotoComm
full face helmet speakers and mic, bring your own 2-way (FRS/GMRS or CB)
with a music input into the harness and music mute

AutoCom Active-Plus helmet headset with bike powered amplifier/integrator,
music/phone/gps/radar inputs with prioritization

I wish I had just saved the money upfront and bought the Autocom to begin
with years ago.  It works.

One thing I've learned, placement of the speakers over the ears is
critical to being able to hear things.  Just a little offset makes a huge
difference.  I do wear earplugs, but could never get in-ears to stay in
well enough and never splurged for the custom molds.

FWIW, HIH.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\