Re: [ST] Mystery Oil Leak on my 01 ST--sorta solved

IF the warranty route doesn't work and you want to try to patch it, I
successfully patched a metal gas tank with JB weld epoxy. I would sand
down the area of the leak to make a flat surface. Cut out a patch from a
piece of aluminum, mix up the JB weld and apply it to the aluminum and
then  press it onto the tank. Put some weight on it and let it sit over
night.  This is how I patched the metal tank. Should work on the plastic
tank. I have used JB weld  and aluminum patches to fix broken tabs on
the side panels. Works quite well.
Al