Re: [ST] A request to the list

It is not too difficult to stitch two scans together provided some care
is taken to scan them at the same angle (even that can be corrected).
It depends what software you have and your dexterity with things
digital-image oriented.  Some software will even do it automatically.
With wiring diagrams in colour, the human eye can tolerate quite a bad
join but it's obvouisly preferable to get it spot-on.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, halfast3 wrote:

> That's why I prefaced my post with a request for technical advice /
> recommendations.  I assume this can be done without needing to take
> out a second mortgage.  Any insights out there?

I've not pulled my manual to check the size of the diagrams, but I seem
recall they do pull out and might be around 11x17 or so?  Even so, the

resulting scan shouldn't be too hard to handle...

The hard part is finding somewhere that can scan something large like
that.  Check your local Kinkos and the like, blue print companies may
be
able to put you onto a service that can handle the size.

Since the number of colors on the diagrams is limited, we should scan
the GIF file format.  It compresses nicely without the lossy problems
of
JPEG, and we can place the resulting files on a web page.

I'd be glad to help with whatever part I can help with...but my manual
is
also a first edition, 10.99 I think, and I now need a manual to cover
an
'03.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\