[ST] Rear brakes dragging after pad replacement

I replaced my rear pads yesterday and took it out for a test ride. Everything worked as it should except I noticed that the pads seem to be dragging a little. When I put the bike on the center stand it takes a little effort to rotate the rear wheel. Not alot mind you, but the rotor was hot to the touch when I came back from the three mile ride.
I cleaned the pistons and lubed the retaining pins before installing the pads. Not sure what the mechanism is that pulls the pads away from the rotor when you let off the brake? Is it hydraulic? What makes the pistons want to go back in when you let off the pedal??