Re: [ST] Cash purchasers

Here in the UK they can add a percentage for credit cards.  Typically
2.5pc; lots of petrol. stations tried it a few years back and found it
didn't pay.

I tried to buy a car this year with one and was told it would cost me
2.5pc.

In the UK, legislation came in to prevent cash deals being discounted
over finance which is appalling in my view.

Chris Harwood
00 RS

On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Nathan Maher wrote:

> One other finance-related tidbit for anyone who might not know:
dealers
> will often not let you pay for vehicles via credit card (even if
your
> limit is high enough) because they pay a percentage fee.  It's worth
it
> for them to take a down-payment via CC but not pay a fee on the
whole
> deal if they aren't handling the financing.

That practice may violate their agreement with the credit card company.

Also they can offer a discount if you pay cash (and you should ask for

it) but they can't add on a charge if you pay by credit card.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned