[ST] Battery Chargers

This is a general question on charging batteries.

Since I have an m/c, a riding mower, etc.  all with various batteries I'd hate to get a bunch of different chargers.  I was in a m/c shop looking at "The Battery Tender" and they had two sizes .75A wall mount and a 1.5A larger one.  Both say they are good for m/c, mower, & car batteries.

My question is: Should which one should I get for the car battery?  Is .75A enough or should I get the 1.5A?  If I get the 1.5A, is that too much current for a small m/c battery or enough for a large car battery?  I'd have to toast the battery with too much current.

I'd prefer to buy something I can use across the board rather than just one specific battery.  Does the collective have a suggestion?

Rich