[ST] Rear Wheel

I am planning on taking my rear wheel off this weekend so I can spoon some
new rubber on it at a friend's (who has all the equipment).  This will be
the first time I have done this on the ST.

I have the ST on a lift (with a rear-wheel panel you can take out so ground
clearance shouldn't be an issue) and I have borrowed a 46mm socket.

Is there a 'technique' to doing this ?  Are there any consumables I need to
change when re-installing the wheel ?  Once the wheel is off, is the rear
wheel bearing accessible - I had hoped to at least look at it and maybe add
some grease if needed.

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Kevin