Re: [ST] 06 ST Seat Q

At 02:52 PM 7/13/2007, you wrote:

>Further to my "Intro," IMHO, the biggest factor for touring comfort
>is having a good seat.  I read the various commentaries over the
>past couple of years debating the merits of the Corbin (which I have
>on my Yamaha GTS) against the Sargent saddles.   Much as I love my
>Corbin, and tend to agree with the general comments made previously
>on the list that the mounting was "fiddly."  In my case I eventually
>successfully transplanted the Yamaha seat lock and installed the
>Corbin on hte bike.  A short time later, I returned the hardware to
>the stock saddle which I ride around town to take advantage of the
>flat profile.  Now when I tour, I toss the Corbin on the bike, which
>just sits on the frame rails.  Yes, the stiff seat does take getting
>used to, but does stay comfy many more hours into a day's that the
>stock seat.
>
>Thus, I am inclined to try a Sargent for a change, although a review
>if their website shows that they have not yet developed a
>replacement saddle for the 05-07 ST yet, so, at the moment, only the
>custom saddle treatment is available at Sargent.  However, before I
>go that route, I was curious if anyone has purchased the Triumph gel
>seat?  Can anyone with Corbin/Sargent saddle time offer up a comparo?
>
>I recently and briefly tried a friend's gel pad (as opposed to a
>complete saddle) on an FJR.  I was not all that impressed with the
>added height or the "squishiness" of the seat texture.  I suspect
>being an ex-roadracer (Club level only and emphasis on the "ex"), I
>have some built-in biases for low, hard seats!
>
>Having said that, I will be receptive to any positive reviews anyone
>has on the Triumph gel seat.
>
>Thx,
>
>Brian
>GWN

Well I can't answer the triumph gel seat yet, but I can tell you that
it won't feel anything like the pad just sitting on your friend's FJR.
I've been there tryed that.
Now I'm still riding the VFR, but I can tell you that unless you want
to take a real road trip to California if you want to get a corbin
that is worth a sh!te these days.
If you compare the sargent seat for the VFR to the corbin, there is
no comparison (well I guess you could compare a sikk purse to a
polished turd).
I have ridden a couple of friends Sargent equiped VFR's and I can
tell you they are a world better than corbin.

I'm also looking to see how the triumph optional seat is compared to
the stocker.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"