[ST] **Updated** PA Hawk Rally *possibilities*..........

For all you dirt bike riders, some local friends suggested that on Sunday
morning we run up to a place called Coupon about an hour away.  It's a large
mostly abandoned strip mine (there is still a small active site), that
people ride at all the time.  There are trails to explore and some good
challenging hill climbs etc. Maybe head out around 8:00a and call it quits
just after lunch sometime.

The list looks to be about 7 people so far from the Hawk list.  No bites
from the ST or State College lists yet.

A couple of questions that came up so far:

Fishing?  This is Central PA, some of the best trout fishing in the country
(so they say). Hey, President Carter fished here when in office. There is a
stocked stream that runs through the property.

Lane?  The lane to the farm is only 100 yards, and it's a solid dirt/gravel
lane.  No problems on a street bike.

Alcoholic beverages?  Of course!  There is a beer distributer 4 miles away,
but the selection is a little on the 'rural' side (think: tinted red).  I
can get a Keg of what ever for the event from the State College Distrubs who
have a better selection.  Throw out ideas.  Maybe a local microbrew? Victory
Brewing?  Pennsylvania Brewing? Dark, Light? Red? Pils? Hef?  Mabe two 1/6th
barrels? I think I can rig up a dual tap system by then! (No N20 so no
Guiness, sorry)

Campfires? Yup.  We'll get a nice fire going.

Cooking?  Yup.  the 'rents are planning a big cowboy cook out saturday
evening. I think it's going to be a pit BBQ where the meat is slow cooked in
the ground for 16-20 hours.  Delish!

Donations for Food?  Sure, that'd be nice, but not a requirement for
attendence.

Horse riding?  Not sure about this yet.  Have to check with parents.
They're busy getting ready for their sale the following week, so it may be
too hectic, but we'll see.  Generally, my father doesn't have around any
'general ridng' horses.  He gets them to a few years old and then sells
them.

Shooting? OK, I made this one up, but the property is large enough to shoot,
and groundhogs are always a problem. hehe!

Keep the confirmations coming in!

--Joel