Re: [St] [ST] 06 ST Underseat Exhaust

At 11:49 PM 7/24/2007, you wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>As you might have gathered from recent posts I have the ST in my garage again.
>
>While I was a the dealership, I asked where the cat is
>located.  Dave, the parts guy, was quite certain that it was in the
>rear half of the can that sits under the seat - which would go a
>long way to explaining why this is such a "hot spot."  It also
>encourages me to spend a grand on a replacement pipe. The Wolf
>Trident slip-on is looking awfully good at this point!  Also a
>couple of other listers have mentioned that it sounds much better
>than the stock pipe and that it does reduce the heat since the cat
>raises the heat level to function properly.
>
>Lastly, my current lic plate on the ST is "561P5."  Being that '56
>is my year of birth, "P" is the first initial of my family name and
>"1" could represent England's premier motorcycle manufacturer all I
>have to do is rationalize the five, then I am set!!!
>
>Ah, got it!  Five decades later, this was my BD present to myself
>(in '06).  Done.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Brian

First off how many oxygen sensors does the exhaust system have and is
one located back in the muffler section.

Second that is a long way back to the catalyst, so I wonder how the
triumph designed it the exhaust pipes so that the core of the cat
will quickly get to starting temperatures.

Yeah I would love to be able to gift myself with an 08 ST. I'll be 41
on sunday.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"