Re: [St] They didn't see him, be careful out there

The "I didnt see you" vehicle coming together took on a whole new dimension
some months ago on the island of Oz.

A five seat sedan driven by a young male driver, was on the terminating road
of a "T" intersection or junction. It was a clear sunny day.

 Apparently he stopped, looked both ways, then as casually as you like pulled
out to make a right turn (we drive on the left here).

Directly into the path of a large DUMP TRUCK coming from his right!
At least one occupant was killed.

What hope do we have on a motorcycle?

As an aside, the public comment from the state police commissioner was
interesting. In every motor vehicle accident the police always blame speed as a way
of justifying the revenue raising of speeding fines. Again that was the
standard answer in this case. Really, how fast can a family sedan be going in three
car lengths?

Brett.