[St] Oil Filter Search

Hi folks,

Greetings from the Great White North.  My logistical adventure continues this week with a search for a better oil filter for my new garage mate.  Scouting around Ottawa, I have checked into about a dozen different motorcycle dealers, car parts suppliers and department stores.  I even went to the Walmart in my neighbourhood with great expectations of putting my paws on a carton of $3 (dreaming in Cdn dollars; 5% exchange, another 45% markup to print the packaging in two languages...) Supertech oil filters.  To my immense dismay, the complete shelf of oil filters, left to right, top to bottom was comprised of Fram filters as was almost every other store I visited. The only exception was my local CanadianTire store which, instead of shitty $10 Fram filters, had equally poorly rated K&N filters at $20 ea.

So, looking to my friends south of the border, does anyone know where the most convenient Walmart store will be between Cornwall, Ontario (where I will be crossing the Canada-USA border in exactly two weeks) and Bangor, Maine (my exit point)?

I will be making a two day - 2,000km blitz to the Maritimes to put some kms on the ST and to see my family and watch some Superbike races, of course!  Then do the same on the return leg...

I expect to have at least enough room in my saddlebags to cram in a dozen filters, so any geographical assistance rendered would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian.

Ed K <ekreul@xxxxxxxxx>
Monday, July 23, 2007 8:16:31 PM

A good filter really cheap is the Supertech ST7317, $2 and change at
Walmart. Seriously, it's a good  filter.