Re: [ST] RIP?

Hozit from cape Town.

I have a Daytona 955 and a KLR650.

I rode 30/40 kms on a new Tiger1050 on Sunday, from Caledon to Napier.

Nice section of road -lots of sweeping bends and high speed sections.

My verdict: below 160/170 its a great bike - comfy, lots of bottom end
grunt, very smooth, decent mirrors.

above that it starts to feel flat, and high speed corners are a bit nerve
wrecking because the bike wallows abit in the corners.

I was very disappointed - I love the speed triple, love my Daytona, think
the 675 is amazing for its size, loved my old RS955, but found the Tiger
boring and soulless.

Me - I'll wait for a 1050 Daytona.

Apologies to all who have one: each to his own I suppose.

cheers

Marc
Cape Town