Re: [ST] RS Fuel Warning Light - Comments please

I have a 2000 Sprint RS, picked up used in 2004 with 3500 miles, did the same thing. They changed out the fuel pressure regulator (under warranty) and no problems.
Now I have another issue. Changed out the coolant this spring, went for a short ride, the temp reading was inconsistent. Changed out the temperature sensor and fan relay, now my engine management light is on. Guess I am trailering it in this week, but am missing out on some good riding.

Any thoughts?

Pete in PA

Sprint RS <sprintrs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi, I recently purchased a 955i  2001 RS on a 2003 plate with only 3,900 miles on the clock.

As it had been standing in a warm, dry garage for some 18 months and had only done 50 miles during that
time I knew that I was in for a new battery and had to be careful about going too quickly too soon.

I have noticed that the fuel warning light often comes on for no apparent reason, i.e. plenty of
petrol in the tank.  When I rode for the first couple of days I noticed that the fuel pump that sits
in the petrol tank "whines and grumbled".  That seems to have stopped mostly although 6 seconds after
turning the ignition on, whether the engine is running or not the low fuel light usually come on.

So, guessing - does the EMU turn the low fuel light on if the pressure in the fuel injection system is low
or dodgy ?  The 'bike seems to ride fine, almost as lively as my previous 955i Speed Triple.

cheers   Pete

So many pedestrians - so little time !