Re: [ST] Electric

It really is amazing how much potential energy they contain.  I recently
watched a demonstration of a laptop battery that was forced into a
"runaway" state and they let the fire burn for a couple minutes and then
checked the temp with a infrared thermometer, it pegged it at over
1000deg F.

For the curious, have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJCZ4ayioCU

I'd love to hear from someone with more knowledge about things like this
since youtube is not exactly a beacon of truth.  One can only hope that
the developers of the motorcycle concept were using the safer (and less
powerful) lithiated metal phosphate cores.  Wikipedia has some pretty
interesting articles on this material for anyone wishing to become a
battery nerd. :)

Nate
00SprintRS