From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of JES_VFR
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:35 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Another Tire Thread?

At 11:03 AM 6/5/2007, you wrote:
>I just returned from a Hawk rally in Virginia, back to
>New Hampshire,
>and my rear tire is all done.  Once again, since I
>live so far from what
>I consider to be good roads (Northwest Virginia on
>south) and I commute
>quite a lot on the Sprint, I'm left with tire after
>tire hitting the
>wear bars in the center with plenty of side tread
>left.  Can anyone speak
>to a tire that has a "rock hard", high mileage center
>tread that can
>still play in the mountains, when I can get there?
>
>At least I was able to completely erase my rear
>chicken strips before
>the tire died!  :0)!!
>
>TIA,

I don't have a my sprint yet, but I do run Avons on my VFR. I commute
a lot as well and have enjoyed almost 7k on the Azaros on the VFR.
There is still about 30% in the center and 65% on the shoulders with
a well scuffed but not recently scrubbed chicken strip. I have ridden
in the rain and snow with these tires and have been very happy with
them.
Sometime this week I'll be installing the new Storms on the VFR as
both front and rear have been stricken with screws.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"