Re: [ST] Is it time for a Tire Thread again??

At 02:05 PM 6/11/2007, you wrote:

>12 to 13k on a rear??  That sounds like a tire I need to try, since most
>of my miles are commuting as well!
>
>Thanks!
>Jeremy Witt
>Newbury Partners
>www.newburypartners.com
>(o) 603-893-3022
>(c) 603-475-4228

Well, hold a second Jeremy, part of the mileage that you get out of
the tires depends very much on how you ride the bike as much as where
and when.
Just replaced my Azaros on my honda vfr with a set of storms, I had
about 7500 miles on both the front and the rear. Both had plenty of
tread left, but the rear had two screws and the front had a nail.
I probably could have ridden both tires another 3000-3500 miles
before they would have needed replacing.
Yeah the rear was starting to get squared off from all the commuting
miles, but the front had more wear.

I always seem to wear the front harder than most and get about three
rear tires to a pair of fronts.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"