Re: [ST] A Brotherhood

At 07:36 AM 6/12/2007, you wrote:

>drove to a meeting yesterday without the leather trousers on. Car goes
>past and hits a small stone which hit me on my knee. Boy it hurt. My
>leathers would have had armour on that point!
>--
>Pat Davies
>www.amag.org.uk

That is exactly what I'm talking about. I've felt rocks, sticks, even
a small bird, impact on the armour in my Alter Ego pants, but I never
sustained anything.
And as gear for the summer heat, I cannot think of anything hotter
than a set of non-perf leathers (Oh wait, yes I can, a singed racing
firesuit).
I don't think much of the perforated leathers I see, since the added
ventilation directly effects the integrity of the leather surface.
Remember any hole in leather is a weak spot waiting to start tearing.
Besides if the level of perforation is high enough to actually
provide significant airflow, how can it really stop abrasions?

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"