Re: [ST] Quick Dissolving Gear

At 12:54 PM 6/12/2007, you wrote:

>Seems that when it's exposed to moving pavement, it does.
>
>Jeremy Witt
>Newbury Partners
>www.newburypartners.com
>(o) 603-893-3022
>(c) 603-475-4228

Hang on a minute, I work at a motorcycle dealership and we sell Joe
Rocket gear.

There are basically three levels of textile gear in there product line.

1. The all mesh stuff that, I would rather loose the sale then sell.
It is really not worth much for preventing abrasion when you fall.
2. The 600D nylon stuff that, which is much better. I kind of look at
this gear as disposable since it is really only going to save you
once, then you will have to toss it and buy new.
3. The stuff with the top level ballistics nylon at all the contact
points. I have seen this gear and the wearers after a couple of high
speed separations. The gear performed as well as a set of armored
leathers, with no melting, abrasions or major blunt trauma injuries.
It definitely out performed a set of perforated leathers (which tore
to shreds). I don't know if I personally would have reused the gear,
but the one guy was still wearing it until his new stuff arrived.

I think that if you take a good look at the textiles and pick them
accordingly anyone of the major brands has some good pieces.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"