Re: [ST] Calling All Listers

At 05:56 AM 6/13/2007, you wrote:

>since you ask
>my powerbook is on Tiger while my iMac is on panther. One is for video
>editing, photos editing and the other does most other things and
>travels with me.
>I dont really have to worry about virus' in the same way we do with
>the pc in study and ive never had the problems the pc has had of
>crashing.
>
>Used daily for the last 5 years, i updated once and have had no
>problems with the iMac. Used daily and travelled with in the last 4
>years ive had no problems with the powerbook with one update to tiger.
>Two years since the last upgrade Leopard is just coming out but i was
>already considering a new machine next year. Didnt like the intel
>enhancement out of principle but as i guess its for the future video
>streaming ill reserve judgement. But mac lost its exclusiveness with
>that move.
>
>Considering what i use them for the reliability has been excellent. If
>it were a mc then i would undoubtedly be buying it - hold on - then it
>wouldnt be a triumph! ; )

Well, I guess that Apple finally got the point.
I had an early mac and the never ending "upgrade the hardware/upgrade
the os" cycle was really irritating.
Then about 10 years back my dad bought a mac and he went thought the same bit.
Need a new piece of software, you have to upgrade the OS to run it,
Oh wait, you have to upgrade the hardware to run the new OS.

He finally got a pc to get away from that and so far he has not had
any problems with XP.

But with all the issues that I'm hearing with Vista for a power user,
I'm leaning towards a Mac for my next laptop.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"