Re: [ST] A Brotherhood

At 07:04 PM 6/13/2007, you wrote:
>JES_VFR wrote:  I wear Sidi's because they were the first brand that I found
>that understood what Triple EEE width means....

>My foot problem is kinda like the opposite of flat feet:  I've got a very
>high instep.  That's the top part of the foot.  Those high insteps severely
>limited the number of boots that I could actually get my feet into.  I know,
>because I tried many different brands.
>
>The ones that allowed be to get my feet in them, and have proved to
>extremely durable, as well as comfortable, are made by Oxtar.
>
>Rich M.
>'01 ST
>LA, Calif.

Well I have a pretty high arch, yet my feet are still very wide (EEE wide).
Even though they are not exceedingly large for a man of my size (I'm
over 6 FT), the width is a major killer when it comes to any kind of
foot wear.

I've found a couple of strange things.
One, pointed toe western boots seem to run wider than other boots.
Two, New balance sneakers in the wide sizes are actually wider.
Three, Sidi boots fit me when no others that I could physically try
on did. Now I have not tried OXTAR's because no store near me stocks them

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"