Re: [ST] New rider to the list

 and it would be nice if we
> could get input from
> someone that has had experience with Nissen brakes
> on other motorcycle
> brands

Hey Neil,
Interesting that you mention that... you are correc
that the Triumph has steel lines stock. My SH also has
Nissin calipers that take the same pads as the
Triumph. They appear to be functionally, although not
cosmetically, identical ( same size and number of
pistons, etc...), and also the same MC... and they
couldnt feel more different. The SH actually has more
free lever travel now than the RS, and, it actually
has stopping power, but it requires many times the
lever pressure. I am not talking percetages, i am
talking 3 or 4 or 5 times the pressure to acheive the
same stop. So much so that at the end of the day on
that bike, my right hand aches. I need all four
fingers, and have to squeeze hard, wheras on the RS,
two fingers is sufficient for all but a panic stop,
and they are much better modulated. The SH, by
comparison, also feels very wooden...

And they are pretty much the same brakes...
John