Re: [ST] New rider to the list

This is just one of the weird things about this problem.

It seems to be mostly limited to the Sprint ST, but not to every ST owner reports a problem.

I have heard of a few RS owners that reported this phenomenon, but not many.

For those that came in late:

When the 05 ST came out and it had the same problem, a bunch of owners swapped the pistons in the calipers for those listed for the Daytona 675 and reported favourable results as the pistons apparently have a slightly different coating.Â

In addition to the sticky piston problem, resulting in excess lever travel, a lot of owners reported a spongey feel and found thatÂair was getting into the system, requiring regular bleeding. Its important to keep the two separate and treat them as such.

The cross over line employed by Triumph has been reported to be a problem as air can get trapped at the high point. Some owners modified the system to eliminate this, again reporting good results.

IIRC, changing to aÂbigger master cylinder willÂresult in less lever travel required for the same braking force, but more effort is required by the rider, thus changing the braking "feel" significantly.ÂHorses for courses etc.Â

Strapping the front brake lever to the handlebarÂovernight, is at best, a band aid fix. Any improvement will be gone within hours.

Hope this helps,
Brett.Â