Re: [ST] Torque spec on RS rear wheel?

Quoting BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx:

> Interesting that this subject comes up from time to time.
>
> The only time I've used a torque wrench is for putting an engine head back
> on
> and re tightening it after a few km's.
>
> Dead reckoning for everything else and I've never snapped a bolt off. And no
> they are not left to loose.
>
> Each to their own I guess.

It depends on you engineering background. Hence you get torque measured in
grunts. So a rear wheel would be about two and a half grunts :) Engineers know
that you need to stretch a bolt slightly when you do it up, keeping it in the
elastic limit. So ham fisted non engineer types will just snap the bolt. This
is probably due to the fact that the bolt was taken beyond it's elastic limit
in a previous life. that's why you should replace certain bolts like big end
bolts.

HTH.

--
SimonB