From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd J
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:55 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Another new member

Welcome. I will echo Dan. On my 01, I too snapped a foot peg and
replaced with a stock piece from the dealer.

  I upgraded to a Sargent seat and love it. I have a Two Bros exhaust
that makes a wonderful sound esp above 7K on the tach. Suspension
upgrades are something many consider since there is limited
adjustability and the front end dives in hard braking. The panniers make
touring easy. And I am in the process of hard wiring my GPS to the bike.

  It is a great scoot and I have enjoyed every mile of it. Have a great
time.
  Todd

Dan Wetherington <dnlwthrn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Robert wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to the list and have a few questions about Triumphs, namely
my
> 2000 Sprint ST.
>
> Has anyone else broken a footpeg? My right footpeg is broken off at
the
> outside screw. Any ideas what would be a good replacement?
>
> Any other upgrades I should know about? I loved the brake swap stories
about
> using Busa brakes. Mine work fine, but would be nice to upgrade in the
event
> mine start giving problems.

Robert,
I broke my left footpeg a while ago, and ended up ordering a replacement

from the dealer (around $40US) as I wasn't sure if there were any
aftermarket options. Mine snapped at one of the threaded holes for the
rubber insert, and I couldn't quite get it to go back together with
epoxy/JB Weld/etc. Being a cast piece, I wasn't comfortable welding it,
so I just coughed up the $$.

Other upgrades? The seat, especially if you plan on long days in the
saddle. Many people change the exhaust to open up the sweet sound, and
there's always the "touring" options, like top box/luggage rack, grip
heaters, different screen, and the like. The Sprint has great power,
but if you want more, you could get this: http://www.boostisgood.com

I'd say just enjoy your ride!

Dan