Re: [ST] upgrades

Robert wrote:

> Anyone know how to adjust a Throttlemeister? Mine starts slowing down after
> I set it. Wish Triumph would add an electric cruise like BMW has. I came
> close to buying a used K1200rs because of cruise and shaft drive. But I
> always wanted a Triumph.

They are adjusted by shimming it in or out from the throttle tube using small
washers of various thickness.  Larger gaps are taken care of with spacers.

Remove the ThrottleMeister from your throttle tube, it's attached via the
obvious bolt through the center.  Tip: Hold the ThrottleMeister to prevent it
from turning when removing or installing this bolt to prevent some little finger
or something from breaking inside.

As you take the unit off keep the bolt inserted through the TM for the mostpart,
lest you spill your spacers and washers all over the floor!  Since you're
"slipping" by your description, I'd remove one of the thinnest washers in there
to tighten it up.

FWIW, HIH.

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\