Re: [ST] The Dreaded Tire Thread....

At 10:44 PM 6/21/2007, you wrote:

>John,
>
>Care to expound on your reasoning ?
>
>I would think the same tire would work the best on
>both bikes....they are within 5 pounds of each other,
>very similar geometry, etc...now you have me
>curious...
>
>John

I'll certainly share my thinking John.
I've owned and ridden a couple of hawks and I guess I'll always
consider them to be a fairly racy v-twin, as compared to the RS which
I thought was more a of  supersport touring bike.
So while I can see putting lots of miles on the RS in longer more
Sport touring type riding (you know 500 mile days with several hours
of good twisty roads), I would only consider the hawk for short
bursts (lots and lots smaller trips).

That might not be your take on how the bikes get ridden but that was
my thinking.
With my back, leg and wrist concerns it's hard for me to consider
riding the hawk more than a hour or so a day.

Now I thought the RS had more relaxed rider ergonomics and therefore
would be more of the long distance bike.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"