Re: [ST] The Dreaded Tire Thread....

JES_VFR wrote:
> At 10:44 PM 6/21/2007, you wrote:
>

>> John,
>>
>> Care to expound on your reasoning ?
>>
>> I would think the same tire would work the best on
>> both bikes....they are within 5 pounds of each other,
>> very similar geometry, etc...now you have me
>> curious...
>>
>> John
>>

> I'll certainly share my thinking John.
> I've owned and ridden a couple of hawks and I guess I'll always
> consider them to be a fairly racy v-twin, as compared to the RS which
> I thought was more a of  supersport touring bike.
> So while I can see putting lots of miles on the RS in longer more
> Sport touring type riding (you know 500 mile days with several hours
> of good twisty roads), I would only consider the hawk for short
> bursts (lots and lots smaller trips).
>
> That might not be your take on how the bikes get ridden but that was
> my thinking.
> With my back, leg and wrist concerns it's hard for me to consider
> riding the hawk more than a hour or so a day.
>
> Now I thought the RS had more relaxed rider ergonomics and therefore
> would be more of the long distance bike.
>
> JohnS
> A Dragon Ascending
> "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"

John,
Are you guys talking about the same bike?  I believe (from previous
conversations) that John U. is talking about a Honda Hawk GT, not the
Superhawk (which I'm assuming you're talking about).

That may change your recommendation...

To the other John:  What do you mean by "I've had my best luck with the
020's"?  Are you talking durability, predictability, turn-in, something
else?  I've had fairly little to complain about with my Azaros, but
can't find an Azaro rear to save my life, so I'll probably end up with a
Storm.  I think my next full set will be the Conti Road Attacks, but
that'll be another 6-7k miles until that point.

Dan