From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Young, Mike
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:56 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] The Dreaded Tire Thread....

6000ish miles on the OEM BT-020s.
Am I too easy on the tires? The rear is squared some, and still has 2mm
of tread above the wear bars. The front is doesn't look bad at all.
After some experimentation I've settled on 42 psi front and 45 rear to
give me the most comfortable "feel". My miles are 90% @ 60 to 75 mph in
commute mode, 10% twisty road (or just out enjoying the countryside).
No experience with any other tire on this size of bike, but the 020s
seem to work for me. I'm conservative enough I'll probably go with the
021 when the time comes.

Mike
'06 ST
Seattle