Re: [ST] copper grease and torque settings

If bored by technical stuff please skip...

> At the risk of infuriating the rest of the list.....  it would be
>interesting to know if the bolt rotated the same amount on successive
>dry tightenings.

If I take the  rear axle right hand bolt of the ST as an example (which should be hammered to stuck),
it doesn't change so much.  It's something like 5 degrees. I don't change it either except if
the stucking crown is cracked.

By the way this nut/axle and double-bearing assembly is a whole subject by itself.
I am still wondering if the heavy torque applied on it is to adjust or not the double bearing play. As a matter
of fact it does, but was it the intend of triumph guys. In this particular case, the axle elongate less than the
double inner cage of the bearing compress.

Fred ST 02 BRG