Re: [ST] Trip Advice

You guys are probably getting tired of me recommending Mc Master Carr.
Oh well.

McMaster.com
 Part Number:  6607K471  $15.88 Each
Material: Multipurpose 4140/4142 Alloy Steel
Finish/Coating: Unpolished (Mill)
Shape: Hexagonal Bar
Length: 12"
Length Tolerance: =B11"
Hex Size: 3/4"
Hex Size Tolerance: -.008"
Tolerance: Standard
Temper/Condition: Hardened
Hardness: Brinell 321
Yield Strength:  95,000 to 105,000 psi
Specifications Met:  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
ASTM Specification: ASTM A29 and ASTM A108 and ASTM A193

You could buy a stick of this stuff and chop it into four or five bikes wort=
h of tools. Cut it with an abrasive cut off saw, and touch it up on a grinde=
r. At 19.050 nominal width across the flats, it will probably fit your 19mm=
 socket better than the 2 nuts welded together. It will weigh like two ounce=
s more, but it will NOT break.
 And no, I don't work for these guys. I just spend thirty or forty thousand=
 dollars a year there.

 Mike
'06 ST
Seattle